There has been a great deal of hold up with builders and planning.
Hopefully we are now on track and permits should be going to Council within the next month.
I am hopeful that site prep and perhaps a slab could be done before the end of the year.
Watch this space!!!!
The Rainbow Men’s Shed is finally really happening.
We have received $60,000 from DHHS, plans have been given to the builder and they will in due course be submitted to Council. We hope to start the actual building in July this year.
Our social group is a way for many men to get together with others socially. The group offers an environment with no direct pressure as it centres on self esteem, networking and group interaction. It’s a place of building skills, both personally and physically with no time constraints. ‘Men do not talk face to face, they talk shoulder to shoulder’.
Our group was officially opened on June 2011 after dedicated and tireless work by the Rainbow Learning Group & Neighbourhood House. At present we meet at the Court House on a monthly basis to discuss ‘where to from here’.
Supporting men of all ages by:
- Providing a safe and meaningful environment for activities
- Training and mentoring
- Social activities and functions
- Assisting the wider community by our ability to manufacture of repair items that otherwise would be beyond their reach
- Being responsible and caring to the community at large
- Sincerity and compassion in improving men’s health and wellbeing
- Environmental awareness
For meeting times please contact us.